MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SPECILAIST (MIS/IT 3)
Salary range: $1,753,837 - $2,358,715 per annum.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Information Management Specialists assume responsibility to manage and co-ordinate the maintenance activities of the Corporation’s computer hardware, software, and peripherals to achieve the optimal level of performance.
Key Responsibility Areas
1. Ensures the maintenance and upkeep of the Corporation’s computer systems and network
2. Assumes responsibility for the Corporation’s website and provides support and maintenance of the payroll system
3. Retrieves and distributes the Corporation’s official mail
4. Request the procurement of parts and equipment necessary for the upkeep of the Corporation’s computer system
5. Troubleshoot and ensures the correction of user-related problems
6. Creates or suggests computerized solutions to problems.
7. Creates security procedures and standards for Corporation’s computer systems.
8. Travels to satellite stations and the Infirmary to solve computer-related issues and for regular maintenance and inventory.
9. Maintains an inventory of all computer systems and related assets.
10. Attends meetings, seminars, and any other training the Corporation finds important to the accomplishment of the job.
11. Manages the Corporation’s Application Management and Data Automation (AMANDA) Computerized Systems which monitors the Development Application Process
12. Assists in ensuring the electronic reports to the Contractor General’s Office and other officers are submitted on a timely basis.
13. Arrests the problem of the frequent breakdown of the Server and Internet System, when they occur.
14. Ensures compliance with the E-Procurement System
15. Performs any other duties that may be delegated by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
Job Dimensions (Authority, Scope, and Impact of Job).
• Good knowledge of Computer hardware, software, firmware, and peripherals
• Excellent Human Relations, Management, and Communications skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to use initative.
• Ability to work in a team.