SECRETARY (OPS/SS 2)
Salary $1,124,500 - $1,512,328 per annum.
Under the direction of the Director Administration of the Municipal Corporation, the incumbent has responsibility to provide Secretarial, Clerical and Administrative support to the Administration Department.
• Follow up on issues which are of concern to the Department to meet deadlines.
• Provide support to the Director Administration to assist in the efficiency of the Department.
• Production of action sheets and minutes within the regulated time.
• Respond to correspondence.
• Performing duties as Secretary Stenographer/Recording Clerk for the monthly Council meeting and otherCommittees:
• Typing minutes of meetings mentioned above after they have been checked by the Clerks to the Committees and circulating to the Heads of Departments, Officers and other Ministries/Agencies.
• Drafting and typing letters and memoranda to the relevant individuals, Departments and Ministries arising from the aforementioned meetings
• Providing Secretarial services to the Chief Executive Officer
• Taking dictation in shorthand and transcribing accurately on typewriter/computer
• Accurately typing and professionally collating and binding reports
• Key deliverables are produced within agreed time frame to required standards.
• Maintains an up-to date and effective records management systems that allow for the speedy retrieval of documents and information.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good time management skills
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Typing skills
• Proficiency in MS Office Software